Canada Canadian Army Help Difficulty

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mattasticdot

mattasticdot

• Civillian
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Okay so first off (and this is not my only question, I have much more so stick around!) Alright I am young still so stick around but the first thing I need to know are some tips on how to be a good teammate.

-I want to join the military because I am fighting for a lot of things my childhood was very hard and I need my dignity back. Another reason why I would like to join the Canadian armed forces is because I love the cooperation and teamwork involved. There is also a lot of discipline which goes hand in hand with the dignity part. I am willing to find and fight for my squadron, future battle buddy, platoon and my country!

-Matt 

C.Laferriere

C.Laferriere

Civilian

• Civillian
  • PipPipPip
  • 1406 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Donator

Hi,

I am private Laferrière of the Canadian Armed Forces, Trade infantryman, 00010.

My first question will be the following, how old are you? (Be advised that administration may takes months be forever being offer to join the Basic Military Qualification)

Second question, what trade are you planning your apply for?

Third and last question, What is the most important thing for you between "Teamwork" and "Discipline"?

SGT J.Mott

SGT J.Mott

Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationHardy,VA
Not to be a douche but to be a good teammate you gotta learn to listen and not talk. And correct if I'm wrong but you have what I'm going to assume is a long while before you're old enough to even qualify for military recruitment. So you need to read up on it and such before trying to jump into it considering if you're even 15 you'll get laughed out of the recruitment office of any branch of military

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Posted Image

Raymond

Raymond

• Civillian
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Not to be a douche but to be a good teammate you gotta learn to listen and not talk. 

I am in the Reg force been in for a year now and what SGT Mott said be a sponge for information it's the best way for you to learn.

If you really wish to enroll at a young age you can start the process for reserves at 16 and reg force at 17 with parental consent.

I STRONGLY suggest waiting till you complete your high school before starting the process, since they might give you a offer in the middle of your school year like they did with me.

I understand that you want to serve, but enjoy being a teenage with almost no responsibilities since shifting from that to a member of the army is a huge change, and I am sure that CPL Laferrière can second me on that.

on another note if i could go back in time and change how things went, I would still choose to enroll at 18 and quit schooling but i'm not gonna lie i am slightly jealous of all my friends who are civilians that can sleep past 0700 on weekdays ;)

• C.Laferriere likes this

C.Laferriere

C.Laferriere

Civilian

• Civillian
  • PipPipPip
  • 1406 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Donator

I second Raymond on that. Army is a think, always think about a plan B.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Canada, Canadian, Army, Help, Difficulty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users