5 replies to this topic

PV2 P.Stowe

PV2 P.Stowe

Private Second Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

So I game with iPhone headphones and today my laptop just quit recognizing the microphone, can anyone help me figure out how to switch to my built in mic?

P.Stowe.jpg

SSG J.Rizzo

SSG J.Rizzo

Staff Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 2070 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, Virginia

Donator

its possible that the onboard sound has failed. depending on the laptop you might be  able to replace just that with out having to replace the motherboard and if you do. i suggest getting an external sound card. 

J.Rizzo.jpg

WO1 S.Retch

WO1 S.Retch

Warrant Officer 1

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationDüsseldorf - NRW

its possible that the onboard sound has failed. depending on the laptop you might be  able to replace just that with out having to replace the motherboard and if you do. i suggest getting an external sound card. 

That sounds a little bit drastic for the first step SSG. 

#PVT P.Stowe that your laptop doesnt recognize the mic from your pods, could have several reasons, I asume your laptop got a green 3,5mm headphone socket, where you normally plug in your pods correct?

Big question is, if that socket even supports your mic, normally it shouldn't therefor we got the pink 3,5mm microphone socket, now phones as they only have one socket have different wiring allowing them to also receive the micorphone signal, aswell as other signals, on the same socket. As far as I know it is not standard configuration that a computer would have such a socket to support a TRRS headset.

If you are 100% sure you've been using your pods mic all the time you might wanna jump on TS so I can help you change your settings, preferably with TeamViewer, shouldn't take more then a minute.

From Wikipedia:

https://i.gyazo.com/...7b61e7864d6.png

Wikipedia article about the "Audio jack":

https://i.gyazo.com/...9606acf97be.png

Links to the pictures because I'm not allowed to post a .png file!

S.Retch.jpg

SSG J.Rizzo

SSG J.Rizzo

Staff Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 2070 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, Virginia

Donator

That sounds a little bit drastic for the first step SSG. 

#PVT P.Stowe that your laptop doesnt recognize the mic from your pods, could have several reasons, I asume your laptop got a green 3,5mm headphone socket, where you normally plug in your pods correct?

Big question is, if that socket even supports your mic, normally it shouldn't therefor we got the pink 3,5mm microphone socket, now phones as they only have one socket have different wiring allowing them to also receive the micorphone signal, aswell as other signals, on the same socket. As far as I know it is not standard configuration that a computer would have such a socket to support a TRRS headset.

If you are 100% sure you've been using your pods mic all the time you might wanna jump on TS so I can help you change your settings, preferably with TeamViewer, shouldn't take more then a minute.

From Wikipedia:

https://i.gyazo.com/...7b61e7864d6.png

Wikipedia article about the "Audio jack":

https://i.gyazo.com/...9606acf97be.png

Links to the pictures because I'm not allowed to post a .png file!

While it maybe drastic, but its a possibility. i mean for all we know it could be a bad sound card driver. but i would recommend getting an updated full driver release and then uninstall it and before a reboot. install wise 365 and run the registy cleaner portion and clean out the registry to ensure nothing is left behind. which i can also help doing that if needed  . 

J.Rizzo.jpg

PV2 P.Stowe

PV2 P.Stowe

Private Second Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

#WO1 S.Retch I think I figured it out, for some reason my computer decided to auto change my recording device settings and i looked over it. Thank you for the help.

P.Stowe.jpg

WO1 S.Retch

WO1 S.Retch

Warrant Officer 1

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationDüsseldorf - NRW

There we go, perfect!

S.Retch.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users