Photo

Bluefor/Opfor/Independent , heck even civilians.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

PV2 M.Frannis

PV2 M.Frannis

Private Second Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGreece / GR / Athens

(Bare in mind that this can even only be for one time or more if our command wishes to)

So what I'm proposing is simply the use of something else other than the Americans, maybe sometimes. I understand that 3rdID is an American unit, but what say ,even for just one time, we switch sides? I don't know if I'm the only one thinking of this , but surely I won't be the last (:D). 

I was looking through our mods ,doing Zeus (mostly learn how to and I'm good at it) and went through the Independent faction and I saw some nice Mercenaries. I believe they were called civilian contractors? They exist in real life as well.  So I created some missions with them being the "friendlies" and I really liked them. They looked amazing, real professionals with the merc uniforms and all that. And so, in my mind, I was like "Damn. It'd be awesome if we used them in an Operation". So I was going through scenarios in my head. It was really great.

So for example let's say that groups of mercenaries are aiding civilians against terrorists in Ukraine . Or when it comes to us being civilians, we can simulate war from the eyes of a normal person who's got no protection, no weapon (unless we find one) and limited ammo (if he finds a weapon) with his only means of transportation being normal cars and trucks + stolen vehicles, but not APCs or IFVs or anything like that, because obviously a normal person won't know how to drive them. Now of course it would be very difficult to add 60+ people playing as civs with no weapons and protection. So that's when I come in and make it a suggestion for battle drills. 

So that about wraps it all up. My aim was to add a little bit of extra flavor every now and then to the unit. Make us all feel like we can adapt into difficult scenarios that do not necessarily come with our default equipment and vehicles, but instead put us in a more complicated spot that is both dangerous and exciting at the same time.

In the end , this is not real war and what we all really want, is to have fun with our friends and meet other people from many countries around the world ! I mean...That's mainly the reason I joined xD.

Thank you for taking a time out of your own to read this post and what it has to say and I hope that at least one person puts it into consideration. 
-PV2.M Frannis
[Reapers]  >  [3rdID]

• SFC J.Keyes likes this

PV2 C.Bolitho

PV2 C.Bolitho

Private Second Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Back in April I think it was we did a Americans VS OpFor where it was player vs Player, which was pretty cool as a filler, but other than that it just doesn't really make sense in an American realism unit in my opinion.

C.Bolitho.jpg

CPL M.Benitez

CPL M.Benitez

Corporal

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Donator

We have conducted operations as OpFor or with players roleplaying as allied nations (Germany in the instance I most recently recall). They're more common during force on force operations (1st PLT vs 2nd PLT) and such.

Posted Image

SSG W.Fives

SSG W.Fives

Staff Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts
  • LocationBuzau, Romania
We do that in TVTs. Last ti.e it was U.S. Army vs ISIS. Fun times...
  • SSG W.Fives and CPL M.Benitez like this

Posted Image

PV2 M.Frannis

PV2 M.Frannis

Private Second Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Alrighty. I'm happy with what I hear so far :D . That concludes this post I think.

WO1 J.Lex

WO1 J.Lex

Warrant Officer 1

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

You can always run an unofficial campaign in the off days. 

I've had some serious fun participating in a few of those.

The one thing they provide the unit is a better understanding of the capabilities and tactics of the "other sides". The more you understand your enemy's capabilities and limitations the more effective you are at fighting them. 

Posted Image

PV2 M.Frannis

PV2 M.Frannis

Private Second Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

@W01 J.Lex , I couldn't agree more with you :D !!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pending

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users