• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SSG P.Fransson

SSG P.Fransson

Staff Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

We at COE have launched a back up repository program for everyone to use that in, if any case, would Arma 3 Sync not function for you due to Java or other related issues, this alternative will allow you to keep your mods for ARMA 3 up-to-date with everyone else.

You can download the program from:

http://getswifty.net 

HTTP Repository link: 

http://repo.3rdinf.us

To start using this we have created a small guide to reflect this and help you set it up accordingly. A short video tutorial is on it's way but for now image guide is available.

Once you go to the website you'll find yourself with the front page, go ahead and click on Download as per highlighted in the picture below.

1tO6ATF.png

After this click on Download and this will prompt you to either Save / run the file (dependant on your browser) or it will automatically start downloading it.

AdrfgPl.png

Once downloaded and installed, the SWIFTY repository program doesn't create a shortcut automatically, thus it's advised that you create one yourself, just go to your Desktop, Right click and New -> New Shortcut. SWIFTY is always installed in C:/Users/YOURCOMPUTERNAMEHERE/AppData/Local/Swifty/app-2.2.1/Swifty.exe

I have not included a picture of this since I'm using a localized version of Windows 10, thus you learning to use Swifty is higher than you learning Finnish!

After starting the program either through the automatic start after installation or by clicking the shortcut you will see an empty window with Add Repository, do not continue to add a repository as the default download location for the mods has been set to a different location. This will require manual adjustment. Go ahead and click the spanner icon on the TOP RIGHT corner. Use this time to also set your default download / mod location, your ARMA 3 folder and remember to max out the concurrent downloads!

Tm45jJd.png

Next we'll add the repository, go ahead and click on the plus icon just next to Add repository and add in the config URL, http://repo.3rdinf.us and click on IMPORT

D2BGwzw.png

Once done, you should see something along the lines of what I have in the picture below. Parameters are for if you want to launch ARMA 3 from SWIFTY, if you do decide to launch ARMA 3 through SWIFTY it will automatically try to connect to the Operation Server. Setup your repository path (mod path) and you're good to go, just hit save and it will start to check the addons, it will give you a Toast Notification if there's been an update.

yazWvvl.png

As previously mentioned, a video guide is on it's way. Should any issues arise, please don't hesitate to contact CoE for technical assistance.

Thank you for your patience,

Corps of Engineers

• SPC T.Ellzey likes this

P.Fransson.jpg

SSG P.Fransson

SSG P.Fransson

Staff Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

[Reserved for Video guide]

P.Fransson.jpg

SSG M.Murakami

SSG M.Murakami

Staff Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationFt Wainwright, Alaska

Donator

I am trying to use this as my 3sync doesnt work, but when I try to download i get an error like 5% through and it says check the log but my log is blank

Posted Image

SSG P.Fransson

SSG P.Fransson

Staff Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

The log for Swifty can be found in AppData/Roaming/Swifty

P.Fransson.jpg

RCT L.Soskos

RCT L.Soskos

Recruit

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

I'm having an issue when trying to add the repo, when I paste the link (http://repo.3rdinf.us) it does nothing and returns with an error 

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error

SSG P.Fransson

SSG P.Fransson

Staff Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

That is because we received new hardware to the server and had to move the SWIFTY folder to another location, we'll be setting it up as soon as possible. For the moment, please use Arma3Sync.

P.Fransson.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users