Photo

IronFront 1944 Weekly Event Project

iron front 1944 weekly event project moreira arma id 3rd

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: IrontFront 1944 Weekly Event Poll (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you approve this project? (Single Choice)

1. Yes (29 votes [85.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.29%

2. No (5 votes [14.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

What days would be the best for you to join this event? (Multiple Choice)

1. Monday (7 votes [12.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.28%

2. Tuesday (6 votes [10.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

3. Wednesday (10 votes [17.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.54%

4. Thursday (6 votes [10.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

5. Friday (28 votes [49.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

PFC N.Moreira

PFC N.Moreira

Private First Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Donator

Hello, guys we are here to showcase you our idea of a weekly event set in a 1944 theme. Ladies and gents, pick your best trousers and shoes and climb aboard!

faces-of_war-ww2-version-01-alpha-7_4.pn

Our idea is to host an IronFront 1944 focused weekly event that, instead of having an hour schedule, lasts a good portion of the day, for that we think that in the first phase we should play 1944 Liberation (the same game type that we know and love from our Realism and Public server) and then grow to Coop and Zeus missions when the project gains popularity. For that reason we believe that in the initial phases the match should be organized and overseen by 3-4 game masters that  will decide amongst them their own availability, chain of command and shift schedules in order to supervise how the game is adapting to people's playstyle and insure it doesn't result in catastrophic failure from the stressfulness of a mission type adapting to exhaustive play (e.g., civilian unrest being built up by the unnecessary house destruction during a town raid or capture)

https://steamuserima...FA4167B10FAE36/

Ultimately, we think this project is going to boost mid-week teamspeak activity, boost retention, bring diversity into our ArmA3 gameplay, increase recruitment and finally enrich our commuity core with cohesion and strength.

For this project we've compiled a modest list of mods into a steam workshop compilation, some of those mods you should already know, if not have:

(This is but a project still in the idea-planning phase, nothing is for sure, it has been sent up the chain of command everything lacks approval, which is why we need the unit's help to start this project)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1371358073

Thank you for your time and attention and we'd request you to fill a poll to help us know if you're on board and what day of the week would be most productive to host these sessions.

QUICK EDIT:

We've been getting a lot of concerns about how the mods will conflict with the ones in our modpack.

-Yes, if you try to download right now they will conflict, we've already thought about this and our endgame is to showcase the mods we're using with steam workshop but later down the line we hope to create an arma3sync so the mods will not conflict.

We've also been getting concerns about how this will not recruit new players.

-There's no polite way of saying that's a wrong statement, so there it is. The endgame of this project is more to strengthen unit cohesion and occupy teamspeak during the week more than it is to recruit; on that note, this game mode might invite friends of unit members to come play and eventually join.

• S.Retch likes this

N.Moreira.jpg

PFC N.Moreira

PFC N.Moreira

Private First Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Donator

Feel free to leave any suggestion or critics in the form of a reply to this topic!

N.Moreira.jpg

SSG W.Fives

SSG W.Fives

Staff Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts
  • LocationBusteni, Prahova, Romania

Will it be like any liberation, or we'll have also some small zeused missions?

Posted Image

PFC N.Moreira

PFC N.Moreira

Private First Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Donator

Will it be like any liberation, or we'll have also some small zeused missions?

I am glad you asked, because this could be a question that a lot of people have on their minds. Like we've explained on the forum thread, we think it's best to start with liberation, as it's self-managed by the mission template itself. In the future with more support from the unit members we could implement zeus missions that people volunteer to creat or even avaialable coop missions on steam workshop.

I hope i've answered your question and feel free to expose any further doubts you might have.

N.Moreira.jpg

SSG W.Fives

SSG W.Fives

Staff Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

I would like to create some zeused side missions for this project

Posted Image

PFC N.Moreira

PFC N.Moreira

Private First Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Donator

I would like to create some zeused side missions for this project

If this project goes forward we'd be happy to play them!

N.Moreira.jpg

R.Warren

R.Warren

Civilian

• Civillian
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAB, Canada.

This is an interesting idea that would be pretty interesting, I've tried out WW2 milsim before and it was fairly entertaining, assuming it's all on weekdays I'd be willing to help out as long as it stays within the 3rdID. I would also be willing to help out with zeus missions, I'm not very experienced with zeus, However I have a decent understanding of it, So I could use this as practice.

PFC N.Moreira

PFC N.Moreira

Private First Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Donator

This is an interesting idea that would be pretty interesting, I've tried out WW2 milsim before and it was fairly entertaining, assuming it's all on weekdays I'd be willing to help out as long as it stays within the 3rdID. I would also be willing to help out with zeus missions, I'm not very experienced with zeus, However I have a decent understanding of it, So I could use this as practice.

Hey, thanks for the feedback and offer to help! Our main goal is to stimulate 3rd ID activity and it should be an internal gig open to friends of unit members too. If other units decide to get involved I think it would get too messy. But who knows? The future is unpredictable, maybe we'll find a way to have other communities or maybe we'll just isolate that event to our unit.

N.Moreira.jpg

SSG W.Fives

SSG W.Fives

Staff Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Is there like map on Sicilly or small part of Itally for ArmA3? I know 3rd ID fought in 1943 in Italy

• CW3 J.Lex likes this

Posted Image

CW3 J.Lex

CW3 J.Lex

Chief Warrant Officer 3

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Yeah, Altis, Stratis, and Malden are prety close.  :D

Dibs on any tanks, APC's, or Aircraft!

Posted Image

SSG W.Fives

SSG W.Fives

Staff Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

It'd be a fun idea. Especially if we use the WW2 american tactics and platoon/squad structure, ww2 combat roles which you can choose them on spot, and #1LT E.Hermanson 's whistle.

• E.Hermanson likes this

Posted Image

PFC N.Moreira

PFC N.Moreira

Private First Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Donator

Is there like map on Sicilly or small part of Itally for ArmA3? I know 3rd ID fought in 1943 in Italy

Yeah, Altis, Stratis, and Malden are prety close.  :D

Dibs on any tanks, APC's, or Aircraft!

Fortunately dued to Faces of War and IronFront 1944 we have a big selection of maps, I'm not 100% sure but I believe there are French, Belgian and Italian maps

N.Moreira.jpg

CW3 J.Lex

CW3 J.Lex

Chief Warrant Officer 3

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Well, IFA had a Northern France map, a few Ukraine and Poland maps. Nothing really Mediterranean. 

Las time I checked FOW had a really poor Tarawa map. So bad it made me cry. I thought FOW that was abandonware, Did they manage to release other maps?

Posted Image

S.Retch

S.Retch

Civilian

• Civillian
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationDüsseldorf - NRW

So bad it made me cry.

Something made you cry?!  :blink:

CW3 J.Lex

CW3 J.Lex

Chief Warrant Officer 3

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Yeah, bad mods make me cry.  <_<

Posted Image

PFC N.Moreira

PFC N.Moreira

Private First Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Donator

Well, IFA had a Northern France map, a few Ukraine and Poland maps. Nothing really Mediterranean. 

Las time I checked FOW had a really poor Tarawa map. So bad it made me cry. I thought FOW that was abandonware, Did they manage to release other maps?

Without a close inspection I can tell you that FOW and IFA have a metric butt-tone of maps. I would have to consult patch notes to tell you when new maps were added and which maps.

N.Moreira.jpg

CW3 J.Lex

CW3 J.Lex

Chief Warrant Officer 3

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Nice. I'll take a look at the list later tonight. Thanks for the info. :D

Posted Image

H.Giordano

H.Giordano

Civilian

• Civillian
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

I might consider changing my vote if we are able to play as any axis forces.

PFC N.Moreira

PFC N.Moreira

Private First Class

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Donator

I might consider changing my vote if we are able to play as any axis forces.

The beauty of a enlisted led event is that we can do what we think is best to motivate moral without a metric ass-tone of bureaucracy or over planning. In other words, that's likely to happen.

N.Moreira.jpg

SSG W.Fives

SSG W.Fives

Staff Sergeant

• 3rd Infantry Division
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts
So, is anything happening tonight?

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iron, front, 1944, weekly, event, project, moreira, arma, id, 3rd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users