Adding squadXML to your Arma game client:
- Launch Arma 3. (Steam, Vanilla launcher, ArmaSync; - Doesn't matter which)
From in game, mouse over the profile icon on the top right corner, then select your profile name.
- Select the correct profile (or create a new one)
- Click the UNIT tab.
Click the EDIT button.
- From the UNIT drop-down, select Custom.
- Enter our SQUAD XML url: https://3rdinf.us/squad.xml
- Enter and/or check that the PLAYER ID is correct. (This must match what we have in the squad.xml)
- Click the APPLY button.
Click the OK button.
You can verify it is working by joining a server, opening the map, and viewing the players list.
Unlike most BMO management functions, squadXML is not managed from within AdminCP.
- Access squadXML Editor at this link: https://3rdinf.us/squadxml/
Most functions are self explanatory.
- Click to add a new solder to the XML.
- Click to Edit the existing soldier.
- Click to Delete the existing soldier.
From the list view, the titles don't make much sense, but they are required to be written in this fashion by Arma3.
- ID = Player ID ( Steam64 ID, 17 digits)
- NICK = Soldier's Rank Abbreviation followed by First Initial . Last Name. (LTC J.LaFlash)
- NAME = Call Sign used in game.
- EMAIL = Radio Frequency used. (Freq: 121) [If using multiple, separate with a | and include SW/LR if applicable - (Freq: SW 121 | LR 30 ) ]
- ICQ = Combat Duty Assignment. (Alpha Company, First Platoon, First Squad)
REMARK = Current Duty Assignment Position (Fireteam Member)
- Edit and Create functions look exactly the same, although Edit will populate the existing data.