Well just totally lost one side of my Razer Carcharias, been using them the last 7+ years. They served me well but guess they decided to force me to move on. Looking for a BUDGET ($50ish price range) friendly headset or headphones.

It does not need to have a mic or the stats on the mic are not important. What are you using that is in that pricing?

William.Blackwell.png.c93fb9e9e7acfb3f66

Well after spending all day searching the web looking at headsets. I picked my poison. I went with the Corsair HS60 as they are a bit more the the price range of what I wanted to spend. Now only hope I didn't waste my money LOL.

One feature I like is the mic is detachable. Now to get it set up good and get accustom to the feel of them.

HyperX kept coming up as a top budget deal in youtube, forums and reddit recommendations, even looked at HyperX Cloud Stinger as it was in my budget range.  If I had your deep pockets Top, I would have gotten something much nicer and better quality LOL

4 minutes ago, 1SG J.Rizzo said:

hahahahah im balling on budget

Yeah we all know why you had to go on a budget for a while LOL

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, 1SG D.Jackman said:

Little late obviously, https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-VOID-PRO-Gaming-Headset/dp/B0748K7JW6/

best budget headset i've found that i actually liked for a long time.

Hi Top, yeah a bit later for me. Never know, it might help the next person looking for options.

My only complaint about the HS60 is the padding for the ears, wish it was thicker. As I use a condenser mic, not have a mic the attached is a plus.

• Edited by SPC W.Blackwell

To be honest, apart from the hyper x series, I'd stay away from "gaming" headsets. They offer no additional build quality or mic improvement over a standard headset and are usually more expensive. 

This is what Im using:

headset: https://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=superlux&qid=1558864007&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Condenser mic: https://www.amazon.com/Marantz-Professional-Pod-Pack-Microphone/dp/B01GHUA3XA/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=condenser+microphone+pod+pack+1&qid=1558898099&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Its a cheap rig. The only downside is the mic is USB and not XLR so you dont get professional levels of pickup but it works.

M.Carter.png

2LT, you have the same link for both 

J.Rizzo.png