Hey so a idea when a member completes airborne school or ranger school maybe change the color of the beret like Maroon for airborne and Tan beret for ranger just another cosmetic item i can help wioth the graphic design portion too as it just a wasy color overlay.

So if you're not aware, the tan and maroon berets are awarded to only those that are assigned with airborne units and ranger battalions. Like those of 101st, 173rd, and 82nd, they are authorized to wear maroon berets because their specialization is airborne operations. Rangers, on the other hand, need to be assigned to one of the three battalions within the 75th regiment, as you can see anyone can go to the ranger school but its the 75th Regiment you want to be assigned to get the scroll and right to wear the beret. 

Unfortunately, 3rdID isn't either of those units and therefore are not authorized to wear such lovely berets, but I can tell you this. There is a Ranger Battalion in 3rdID, so do some research and let me know what you find out PFC. Once we have solidity under our feet, we might consider it under the commander's discretion. 

Q.Simmons.png

I know that being in a specific unit you have to dress right dress with uniform. Im just saying it would just be another cosmetic item out of game if you attend the proper schooling. In my unit IRL they let the rangers wear the tan beret, Airborne wears the maroon and etc. 

probably because they're assigned to an SF unit and not a regular joe shmoe unit

Q.Simmons.png

CPT Is correct, We are the 3rd Infantry Division,  More specifically First Battalion, 30th Infantry Reg.  And they are not a SF/Ranger/Airborne unit.  Therefore our Berets are black only.   

PFC, I really do appreciate you trying to think outside the box but almost 90% of what you have brought up so far as already been brought up by a prior soldier and the research and investigating has been completed and denied already.      

Denied.png

laflash_sig.png