Welcome to Lithuania! Lithuania has been a NATO member since 2004, and today, they are under pressure of Russian separatists, just like Ukraine was before 2014. The last thing WE want is Russian separatists creating an independantist state near the Suwalki Gap. This area is of critical importance, it is NATO's only access to the Baltic states by land. We will be deployed near the E-Road E67, in an area where the Russian separatists have been especially active and successful, to the point of capturing the regional airfield of Metsälä. We need to take back the area before Russia starts guaranteeing another "independent" state.
Alpha Company "War Eagles", First Platoon "Widowmakers" will be tasked with several objectives. The orders in which objectives are achieved is on leadership to decide. While the order is free, First platoon will need to complete all those objectives:
Prerequisite: First platoon will fly on board of rotary aircraft from temporary camp “AUGUSTUS”, leadership will select one of the three landing zones : OCTAVIUS, TIBERIUS and CALIGULA.
(1) Secure OBJ TURQUOISE: The terminal of the Metsälä airfield. It is highly possible that a few military rotary aircrafts are present, reports show at least two MI-8 codename “Hip” in the main hangar. Platoon must be aware that if there are any hostages or civilians, they most likely are kept in this area.
(2) Secure OBJ INDIGO: We think that OBJ INDIGO, the fuel storage of the airfield, is rigged with explosives. The local Russian separatists, most likely plan to make the airfield unusable for a few weeks if they can’t occupy it. The platoon will have to secure and defuse any explosives in the area.
(3) Secure OBJ AZURE : We have reason to think that some command element of the Russian separatists are taking quarters in the Metsälä office complex. Those buildings must be cleared and any potential Intel must be secured.
(4) Secure Metsälä airfield for any possible counter offensive.
(a) SPECIAL TEAMS/TASK ORG
1. COMMAND ELEMENT - WAREAGLE
2. 1ST PLATOON, WIDOWMAKER
3. 1ST SQUAD, SCORPION
4. 2ND SQUAD, GHOST
5. 3RD SQUAD, SPARTAN
6. 4RD SQUAD, PHOENIX
7. 3RD COMBAT AVIATION BRIGADE
(b) COMMON EQUIPMENT
1. STANDARD KIT AND LOADOUT
(c) SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
1. AH-64 APACHE x 2
2. UH-60 BLACKHAWK x 2
3. CH-47F CHINOOK x 2
4. C-130 x 2
5. AH-6 LITTLE BIRD x 2
(a) MINE DETECTORS
(b) DEFUSE KIT
(d) BODY BAGS
Chain Of Command
(a) MISSION: WAR EAGLE 6
(b) GROUND ELEMENTS: WIDOWMAKER 7
(c) CLOSE AIR SUPPORT: WAR EAGLE 6 / WIDOWMAKER 6 / WIDOWMAKER FOXTROT
(d) AIR ELEMENTS : FALCON 6 / WIDOWMAKER ROMEO
(a) GROUND-TO-AIR: FREQ LR CH 60/61/62
(b) COMPANY NET: 152 CH 30
(c) PLATOON NET: 152 CH 31
(d) SQUAD NET: 152 CH 110/120/130/140
(e) CONVOY NET: FREQ LR CH 33
Our intelligence satellite showed us between two to four platoons worth of infantry being stationed in the Airfield. It is also highly possible that they have some armor there, mostly APCs and IFVs. While they have helicopters in the hangar, it's not sure that they can fly them out.