Following last week’s airborne operation against Russian Federation forces, Alpha Company has established FOB Murphy east of Krasnye Seltsy. From there, First Platoon must conduct a patrol to locate and assess remaining enemy positions in the AO. NATO is planning a counterattack north but needs Alpha Company to secure the western flank and identify as many enemy strongpoints as potential targets for an upcoming operation.
The Canadian 2nd BT HQ has accounted for all but one of their soldiers stationed at Camp Jimmy and have declared Lieutenant Jean-Claude Roy MIA. This corroborates intel discovered by S-2 after the mission. He is a NATO HVT and an Alpha Company priority.
First Platoon “Widowmakers” is ordered to patrol several rural towns and villages west of Krasnye Seltsy:
1) OBJ Anthill is the large town of Shalaevo. In addition to a grain elevator with excellent observation of the surrounding terrain, there is an abandoned military depot with several large hangars;
2) OBJ Berm is the village of Kulibino. This objective is very close to the Russian line north of our position. With proper techniques, it may be possible to obtain detailed intel on Russian forces and positions;
- 3) OBJ Cowshed is the village of Kon’kovo. This is a primarily agricultural community with many farmers who work the surrounding fields and woods. In addition to seeking general intel on Russian forces and positions, attempt to recruit an informant who can provide specific actionable intel for future operations.
In addition, Widowmakers are ordered to report any information on the missing Canadian officer up the COC to Alpha Company HQ.
During the patrol, 3CAB is tasked with transport of vehicles and other cargo from Camp Antolak to FOB Murphy, in addition to general flight duties as ordered.
(a) SPECIAL TEAMS/TASK ORG
1. COMMAND ELEMENT - WAREAGLE
2. 1ST PLATOON, WIDOWMAKER
3. 1ST SQUAD, SCORPION
4. 2ND SQUAD, GHOST
5. 3RD SQUAD, SPARTAN
6. 4RD SQUAD, PHOENIX
7. 3RD COMBAT AVIATION BRIGADE, FALCON
(b) COMMON EQUIPMENT
1. STANDARD KIT AND LOADOUT
(c) SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
1. AH-64 APACHE x 2
2. UH-60 BLACKHAWK x 2
3. CH-47F CHINOOK x 2
4. C-130 x 2
5. AH-6 LITTLE BIRD x 2
6. YABHON-R3 x2
7. MINE DETECTORS
8. DEFUSAL KITS
9. DEMOLITION CHARGES
10. FIM-92 STINGERS
11. FGM-148 JAVELINS
(a) MINE DETECTORS: Squad and Fireteam Leaders should use mine detectors at all times due to the risk of anti-personnel mines, IED, and UXO.
(b) DEFUSAL KITS: For defusing explosives noted above (Rangers only).
(c) DEMOLITION CHARGES: M112 Demolition Blocks for destroying enemy caches and other targets as needed (Rangers only).
(d) FIM-92 STINGERS: For destroying enemy aircraft.
(e) FGM-148 JAVELINS: For destroying enemy armor.
Chain Of Command
(a) MISSION: WAREAGLE 6
(b) GROUND ELEMENTS: WIDOWMAKER 7
(c) CLOSE AIR SUPPORT: WAREAGLE 6 / WIDOWMAKER 6
(d) AIR ELEMENTS : FALCON 6 / FALCON 7
(a) GROUND-TO-AIR: FREQ LR CH 60/61/62
(b) COMPANY NET: 152 CH 30
(c) PLATOON NET: 152 CH 31
(d) SQUAD NET: 152 CH 110/120/130/140
(e) CONVOY NET: FREQ LR CH 33
(a) Maps of the AO: