• Welcome to the 3rd Infantry Division Realism Unit

3rdID Banner.png

The 3rd Infantry Division Realism Unit was founded on July 4th, 2003. Many of our members are veterans and active-duty military from around the world which helps us keep our military feel and dedication. The unit's primary focus is light infantry combat in ArmA 3 utilizing real-to-life tactics, techniques, protocol, and communication. The core of the unit is based around light infantry platoons with a small number of supporting assets.

At its core, a realism unit is essentially a role-playing unit. We strive to promote an immersive and professional environment for members to role-play in by providing a unique and structured military experience. When in-game, members are expected to act as if they are on a foreign battlefield or in a domestic training environment. For these reasons, the minimum age to join the 3rd Infantry Division Realism Unit is 15 years old and we do require your commitment to stay within our unit. 

With that said, the goal of the unit is to always balance realism with fun. If members are not enjoying the experience, then there is no point in the unit existing or them being here. When there comes a point at which a decision between the two has to be made, we always have to remember that this is a game and we are here for entertainment/ being a hobby however with a  military barring.  

Whether you are stopping by our website to see if this unit might fit you or maybe you heard about us through a different group and wanted to check out the 3rd Infantry Division Realism Unit.  We thank you for stopping by and hope you found the answers you're looking for!  If your looking to get more info, please I encourage you to sign up on our site, look around in the public forums, and see if those posts answer any questions.  If you wish to chat with someone in person, feel free to join our public TeamSpeak 3 (Address: teamspeak.3rdinf.us).   I would also like to encourage you to join us on our Discord.

I would also want to encourage everyone to stop by our media outlets and give us a like/ subscribe!  

Hope to hear from you soon!

V/R 

Major J.LaFlash