• Went from playing 3rdinf to joining the Military

I thought this would be sort of fun to post here as this was the first and only milsim unit I played in way back when(lol.) I think I joined between 2014-2016 or so when I was like 14 or 15(I lied about being 16 kekw). I played with you guys for, I wanna say, about a year or two. Made it to SPC or PFC and then became one of the first brawlers combat medics, which was a lot of fun for me. I had a blast with this milsim unit, but I was a 315lb fattie who was just playing because I thought the military was awesome. I ended up losing ~140lb, but I still was just some pot smoker who didn't have any aspirations. I had always wanted to join the military, but up until May of '23 I didn't really take those aspirations seriously. Out of the blue after life had hit me and I was 21, so I decided to throw everything I owned away, quit my job and go to the recruiting office. I went into the Navy office, took the picat, went to meps, and enlisted as a nuke. Now I'm in A school to become a Nuclear Electricians Mate, still got an ungodly amount of school left as an e-3.

Just wanted to share my story, thought some of y'all would appreciate it. I had a lot of fun playing with everyone when I did, and the very brief moment that I came back into the unit but realized I didn't have time for it anymore. It's interesting going from playing in a milsim unit to actually being in the military, albeit I'm a Sailor and not a Solider lol.

Hell yeah mate! I am glad to hear that our unit influenced you into a good and positive decision within your life! I, myself joined the military irl after 1year in 3rd ID.
    I wish you a good and succesful career and hopefully, if you want, you can re-enlist back here anytime! You are more than welcome to!

Awesome to hear man,  Over the 17yrs I've been in the unit, There has been many many stories like yours!  Its an amazing journey and one I am proud to be apart of!   Looking forward to your return someday!